Consultations and engagement
Consultation is a key activity of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). It supports open and transparent government. It allows for discussion among Canadians, and between Canadians and government, about designing, implementing and evaluating the following government activities:
- public policy
There are currently no consultations open for comment.
Here are past CFIA consultations. Note: these consultations are now closed to further comments.
Consultation Policy and Framework
The CFIA has developed a Consultation Policy and Framework. It is used to bring consistent approaches to consultation that will better serve the needs of all stakeholders and the Agency.
The CFIA engages with stakeholders in its principal role as a regulator. These stakeholders are from the following groups:
- Regulated parties: individual companies and representative industry associations and, in some cases, academia and government institutions
- Consumers/Canadians: consumers and consumer associations, provincial and municipal governments, and non-governmental organizations and groups
- International stakeholders: foreign governments, international organizations
- Current consultative groups
- Consulting with Canadians
- Regulatory Initiatives (Canada Gazette)
- Public opinion research
- Incorporation by reference
- Date modified: