Kyrgyzstan – Export requirements for meat products
Kyrgyzstan is a member state of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU). Please refer to the Export requirements for meat products intended for export to EAEU for the specific requirements applicable to products other than those included in the requirements outlined below.
The following information constitutes the distinct requirements applicable to the export of ready-to-eat meat products to Kyrgyzstan.
1. Eligible products
Ready-to-eat meat products.
2. Pre-export approvals by the competent authority of the importing country
Producing Establishments must be approved. Please refer to Annex E: Lists of establishments approved by Russia for the list of Establishments eligible to export ready-to-eat meat products to Kyrgyzstan.
Note: Establishments of origin of the raw products used in the manufacture of the ready-to-eat meat products do not need such approval.
3. Product specifications, production controls and inspection requirements
- Requirements outlined in section 220.127.116.11 and 11.7.3 of the export requirements for Russian Federation apply.
- Specific requirements for raw products used in the manufacture of ready-to-eat processed meat products when originating from Establishments not included in Annex E: Lists of establishments approved by Russia:
- the raw material of animal origin contained in the final products was obtained from clinically healthy animals/birds at slaughter facilities/meat processing plants approved by and registered with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) as operators and operating under CFIA's control
- the animal raw material contained in the products was found to be fit for human consumption as a result of a veterinary and sanitary examination
- the animal raw material contained in the product was obtained from healthy animals coming from herds that had no recorded cases of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), nor do the animals descend from parents with recorded and confirmed cases of BSE
- the animal raw material contained in the products was obtained from healthy animals which were not fed on feeds of animal origin produced from animal proteins obtained from ruminants, except for ingredients whose use is accepted by the World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH; founded as Office International des Épizooties (OIE)) Terrestrial Animal Health Code
- the animal raw material contained in the products was obtained from healthy animals with specific risk materials (SRM) removed according the WOAH Terrestrial Animal Health Code
- the animal origin raw material used for ready-to-eat meat products are supplied from slaughter facilities or from refrigerated storages that are not under any restrictions imposed due to contagious diseases for respective animal species, as required by the WOAH Terrestrial Animal Health Code
- the raw material was obtained from clinically healthy ovines and caprines in compliance with the WOAH Terrestrial Animal Health Code with respect to scrapie
- the animals, from which the meat, raw meat products and offal were obtained, had not been administered natural or artificial estrogenic, hormonal substances, thyrostatics, antibiotics, pesticides, or pharmaceutical products prior to slaughter after the limit timelines recommended by use instructions
- operators are responsible to develop, implement and maintain the necessary control programs to ensure that applicable requirements are met
4. Labelling, packaging and marking requirements
Requirements outlined in section 11.7.5 of the export requirements for Russian Federation apply.
5. Documentation requirements
Certification must be issued in English. A French translation of CFIA/ACIA 5938 is available for information only in Annex A of the Export Library, please contact your CFIA office to have this translation.
Form CFIA/ACIA 5938 must be issued along with form CFIA/ACIA 1454.
A PDF form is available to CFIA inspector in the Forms Catalogue on Merlin. When the PDF fillable electronic version in completed by the applicant, it must be printed on blank paper, the CFIA/ACIA 5621 which contains security features and must be ordered specifically for this purpose. Refer to 11.3.(5) (b) for details on ordering export certificates.
Note: when ordering blank certificates, order form CFIA/ACIA 5621. Once completed and printed, CFIA/ACIA 5938 will appear at the bottom. Page 1 of certificate 5938 must be printed on special certificate paper (CFIA/ACIA 5621). The certificate paper has the CFIA logo and certain security features printed on it. On the back of the paper is a serial number which is to be input into the box labelled 1.5 of the CFIA/ACIA 5938 certificate, prior to printing.
Only page 1 of this certificate should be printed on the certificate paper. The remaining 2 pages should be printed on a sheet of plain white paper (preferably double sided if the printer allows it). Do not use a second page of certificate paper as the shipment must have only 1 associated certificate number.
6. Other information
- unless indicated otherwise in this section, the import requirements for meat products are the same as the Russian requirements.
- the ready-to-eat meat products, which production used raw meat material obtained from animals slaughtered at slaughtering facilities not included in the Register of Third Country Establishments (Annex E: Lists of establishments approved by Russia), may be imported into the territory of the Republic of Kyrgyzstan provided that those products will only be distributed on the market within the territory of Kyrgyzstan without any further movement and distribution in other member countries of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU).
- exporters are responsible to ensure that import permit for the product intended for export and for the establishment(s) of origin have been obtained, as required and to meet the requirements of the Regulation On Safety of Meat and Meat Products (TR TS 034/2013) of the EAEU.
- Date modified: