Jamaica - Export requirements for meat products
Please refer to the requirements applicable meat products intended for export to the West Indies for the basic requirements applicable to exports intended for Jamaica.
The following information constitutes the distinct Jamaican requirements applicable to the export of beef meat products and poultry feet.
1. Eligible/ineligible products
1.1 Eligible products
- a) Beef meat products other than those listed under point 1.2 below
- b) Poultry feet harvested prior to post mortem inspection
1.2 Ineligible products
Beef meat products:
- a) tonsils and distal ileum from cattle of any age.
- b) brains, eyes, spinal cord, skull, vertebral column (excluding the vertebrae of the tail, the transverse processes of the thoracic and lumbar vertebrae, and the wings of the sacrum) from cattle that were at the time of slaughter over 30 months of age.
- c) mechanically separated meat from the skull and vertebral column (excluding the vertebrae of the tail, the transverse processes of the thoracic and lumbar vertebrae, and the wings of the sacrum) from cattle over 30 months of age.
2. Products specifications, production controls and inspection requirements
Requirements applicable to poultry feet:
- a) Production controls
- (i) Facility requirements for the harvesting of poultry feet are contained in Annex B – Facilities for the harvest and processing of poultry feet removed prior to post-mortem inspection and destined for export.
- (ii) With the exception of the harvesting of the feet prior to post-mortem inspection, all usual requirements applicable to edible poultry feet must be met (see Dressing procedures and Preparation of edible parts).
- b) Inspection requirements
- Monitoring of the quality control implemented by the operator
3. Labelling, marking and packaging requirements
- a) All products exported to Jamaica must be labelled as following: "Product of Canada".
- b) For poultry feet harvested prior to post-mortem inspection, shipping cartons shall be labelled with the phrase "export" or "Exportation".
4. Documentation requirements
Below are the additional veterinary certificates that must be issued along with form CFIA/ACIA 1454.
4.1 Poultry feet, Annex A
- Public Health Certificate for Poultry Feet Destined to Jamaica
Note: Form CFIA/ACIA 1454 must be issued for statistical purposes only and must not accompany the shipment. Only Part 2 and Part 3 must be kept and distributed as indicated. Part 1 must be destroyed.
4.2 Beef meat products, Annex C
- Veterinary certificate for fresh meat and meat products derived from cattle
- Date modified: