CFIA 2025: Building for the future
CFIA 2025, formerly known as "Responding to Today, Building for the Future" (RTBF), refocuses on our priorities that address our current realities as we move forward.
Our ability to adapt and respond to risks and rapid changes in our environment is crucial to our future success.
CFIA 2025 explores new ways of working for the future that provide better, more responsive programs and services that ultimately protect the safety of our food, plant and animal resources. It continues to highlight digitization efforts by increasing information technology (IT) capacity and providing employees with the tools and resources they need to adapt to a digital way of working.
The 4 updated areas, focus on a future state that at its core, reflects the agency's trusted partnerships and reputation as a global leader, protecting Canadians and supporting industry.
- Sharing the responsibility for safeguarding Canada's food, plant and animal resources through defined roles and open and transparent scientific information sharing.
- Pushing the frontier of food safety and animal and plant health that encourages a globally competitive industry and removes roadblocks to market innovation.
Areas of focus
- Enabling innovation through adaptive oversight and control measures.
- Identify risks, based on the latest science and dynamic intelligence to move resources and invest in tools in the right places.
- Equipping our people with the modern, secure and reliable applications and digital work tools they need to do their daily work to safeguard food, plant, and animal resources.
- Advancing information sharing and self-service through digital tools so stakeholders make informed choices and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Inspect and Protect
- Food safety for industry
- Establishment-based Risk Assessment models
- Inspection modernization
- Responding to Today, Building for the Future Progress Report 2018: Looking Back, Looking Forward [archived]
Do you have a question or comment about CFIA 2025? Connect with us.
- Date modified: