This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (79 kb)
Pictures - PDF (105 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (F100.1 x Q155.3) made at the Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, and selected by Peter Vander Zaag, SunRise Produce, Alliston, Ontario, in 1991.
- Year registered in Canada: 2008
- Registration number: 6440
- Maturity: mid-season to late
- Plants: medium height, semi-erect with very dense foliage; stems not pigmented; medium wings.
- Leaves: medium green, open; petioles not pigmented; medium leaf stipules.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate; tip acute; base obtuse; no margin waviness.
Primary leaflets: 3 to 4 pairs; narrowly ovate; tip acute; base obtuse.
- Flowers: numerous, red purple corolla; yellow anthers; low berry production.
- Tubers: round; light to dark brown coloured skin, rough to flaky texture; few moderately deep eyes, evenly distributed; shallow eyebrows; very light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: narrow cylindrical; purple; base not pubescent; apex moderately pubescent, closed habit.
High yielding variety of attractive round tubers; very susceptible to hollow heart. Irrigation may reduce hollow heart incidence. Plant spacing recommended is at 25 to 30 cm. Natural senescence of the vines may be adequate in many areas but vine killing is not difficult when required for storage. Medium dormancy period (120 days); good storability (9 months). Very high specific gravity.
Remark: store at 13°C (55°F) until chip colour and defect levels are low; then lower temperature to 9°C (48°F).
- Utilization: excellent chip appearance both fresh and out of storage (until June).
- Chief Market: chipping.
Reaction to Diseases
Highly resistant: storage rots.
Moderately resistant: common scab (may develop pits in heavy infestation), verticillium wilt.
Moderately susceptible: late blight, early blight.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: