The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is responsible for the federal Seed Potato Certification Program.
The objective of the Seed Potato Certification Program is to supply Canadian growers of seed, table stock and processing potatoes with certified seed which is of high varietal integrity and is relatively free of tuber borne diseases. The legal bases of the Seed Potato Certification Program are the Seeds Act and the Seeds Regulations Part II.
Access CFIA's seed regulatory modernization to learn more about this initiative.
- Application for Seed Potato Crop Inspection - Growers Declaration (CFIA/ACIA 1317)
- Application form for Issuance of Nuclear Stock Tags and Certificates (CFIA/ACIA 5295)
- Approved laboratories
- Canadian potato varieties
- Guidance documents
- Importing plants and plant products: what you need to know
- National farm-level biosecurity standard
- Pest information
- Plant Protection Policy Directives
Additional government and industry information
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada - potato reports
- Plant protection organizations
- Potatoes for human consumption
- Date modified: