Food Safety Recognition Program
The Food Safety Recognition Program (FSRP) includes the On-Farm Food Safety Recognition Program and the Post-Farm Food Safety Recognition Program, which provides government recognition of on-farm and post-farm food safety systems developed and implemented by national industry organizations in order to:
- enhance food safety;
- maintain the confidence of Canadian consumers; and
- facilitate market access.
The FSRP is led by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) with the participation of the provincial and territorial governments.
Recognition acknowledges that a food safety program has been developed in line with a systematic and preventive approach to food safety based on international accepted standards; that the program conforms to federal, provincial and territorial legislation, policy and protocols; and that a Food Safety Management System has been implemented in an effective and consistent manner.
By providing a recognition framework that supports national, auditable, industry-led, HACCP-based food safety programs, the CFIA can support its goal of safeguarding Canada's food supply along the whole food continuum.
Industry organizations can submit their food safety systems to the FSRP for technical review.
For more information
- Questions and answers – Food Safety Recognition Program
- Video: Food Safety Recognition Program – A Collaborative Effort
On Farm Food Safety Recognition Program - Fully Recognized Producer Organizations
- Chicken Farmers of Canada: On-Farm Food Safety Assurance Program
- Dairy Farmers of Canada: Canadian Quality Milk
- CanadaGAP Food Safety Program for Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Turkey Farmers of Canada: On-Farm Food Safety Program
On Farm Food Safety Recognition Program - Producer Organizations Undertaking Technical Reviews Towards Recognition
- Canada Grains Council
- Canadian Cattlemen's Association: Verified Beef Production
- Canadian Cervid Alliance
- Canadian Hatching Egg Producers: Canadian Hatching Egg Quality
- Canadian Herb Specialty Agriculture and Natural Health Products Coalition
- Canadian Honey Council
- Canadian National Goat Federation: On-Farm Food Safety Program
- Canadian Pork Council: Canadian Quality Assurance Program
- Canadian Sheep Federation: Food Safety Farm Practices: Canadian Verified Sheep Program
- Egg Farmers of Canada: Start Clean-Stay Clean
- Ontario Veal Association: Veal Quality Assurance Program
Post-Farm Food Safety Recognition Program - Industry Organizations Undertaking Technical Reviews Towards Recognition
- Date modified: