United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland – Export requirements for milk and dairy products
The information presented below is subject to change.
The United Kingdom is now considered by the European Union (EU) as a third country. However, a special status has been granted to Northern Ireland which remains aligned with the EU on sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) measures.
- Northern Ireland: see European Union (EU) - Export requirements for milk and dairy products including the certificates. See also sections 1 and 3 below.
- Great Britain: see European Union (EU) - Export requirements for milk and dairy products excluding the certificates. See also sections 1, 2 and 3 below.
1. Labelling, packaging and marking requirements
Exported products depending on their final destination (Great Britain and/or Northern Ireland) mainly must meet certain packaging and labelling requirements. The exporter must work closely with the importer to ensure the compliance of their products. The labelling activity must be conducted in the EU approved establishment.
2. Export documents available upon request
The export health certificate below covers products exported to Great Britain, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. References to EU legislation within this certificate are references to direct EU legislation which has been retained in Great Britain (retained EU law as defined in the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018).
- Health certificate for dairy products derived from raw milk for human consumption, from third countries or parts thereof authorised in column A of Annex I (Regulation 605/2010) GBHC065X. (CFIA/ACIA 5940)
- Health Certificate for dairy products derived from milk of cows, ewes, goats and buffaloes for human consumption from third countries or parts thereof authorised in column B of Annex I (Regulation No 605/2010) GBHC066X. (CFIA/ACIA 5921)
- Health certificate for dairy products for human consumption from third countries or parts thereof authorised in column C of Annex I (Regulation 605/2010) GBHC067X. (CFIA/ACIA 5941)
- Health certificate for colostrum of cows, ewes, goats and buffaloes and colostrum-based products derived from colostrum of the same species from third countries or parts thereof listed in column A of Annex I for human consumption (Regulation 605/2010) GBHC068X. (CFIA/ACIA 5942)
- Health certificate for raw milk, colostrum, dairy products or colostrum-based products for human consumption, intended for transit or storage (Regulation 605/2010) GBHC069X. (CFIA/ACIA 5934)
- references to Great Britain in this certificate include the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
- the model health certificate (CFIA/ACIA 5934) is used for transit through or storage in Great Britain of dairy products.
3. Additional information
Exported products transiting through a country may require transit documentation. It is the responsibility of the exporter to ensure that the shipment will be accompanied by all necessary certificates. Please work closely with your importer.
Samples (personal or commercial) of products may be subject to the same requirements as a regular shipment. A special import permit could be required. It is strongly recommended that the exporter verify these requirements with their importer and/or with the border control post where the products will be shipped.
- Health certificates for animal and animal product imports to Great Britain
- United Kingdom border control posts
- Northern Ireland Points of Entry
- Legal standards for labelling and composition for certain food products
- General import licences for research and diagnostic samples, trade samples and display items and some animals products
- Import of products, animals, food and feed system (IPAFFS)
- Date modified: