Qatar – Export requirements for meat and poultry products
- Fresh meat or meat products containing brain, skull, eyes, trigeminal ganglia, spinal cord, tonsils, intestines, vertebral column and dorsal root ganglia.
- Mechanically separated meat derived from cattle over 30 months of age (OTM) at the time of slaughter.
- It is doubtful if pork or pork products would be acceptable, but this fact should be checked with the appropriate authorities.
Production controls and inspection requirements
- A certificate in respect of ritual slaughter is required for beef. The exporter is responsible to make the necessary arrangements with an Islamic Organization to obtain certification acceptable to Qatar authorities.
- The operator is responsible to ensure that the labelling is in compliance with Qatar requirements.
Labelling, marking and packaging requirements
- Exporters should check as to whether labelling in Arabic is necessary.
- Certificate of Inspection Covering Meat Products (CFIA/ACIA 1454)
- Annex B – Veterinary Certificate for boneless beef derived from animals under thirty months (UTM) of age
- Date modified: