Egypt – Export requirements for milk and dairy products
On this page
- 1. Eligible/ineligible product
- 2. Pre-export approvals by the competent authority of the importing country
- 3. Production Controls and Inspection Requirements
- 4. Labelling, packaging and marking requirements
- 5. Documentation requirements
- 6. Other information
1. Eligible/ineligible product
- As per the import permit.
- Information not available.
2. Pre-export approvals by the competent authority of the importing country
- Import permit required to export dairy products or dairy based foods. The importer and exporter are responsible to make the necessary arrangements with the Egyptian authorities to obtain the import permit.
3. Production controls and inspection requirements
- The inspector must verify during a preventive control inspection that the establishment is aware of the dairy standards and requirements of Egypt and has a specific export procedure in place.
- The exporter and importer are responsible to supply the required Halal certification as well as the required authorization from the Egyptian Embassy in Canada for all the certificates issued for the shipment.
4. Labelling, marking and packaging requirements
- The exporter and importer are responsible to label the product according to applicable Egyptian requirements, for example Halal and Arabic labelling.
5. Documentation requirements
- Health certificate for the export of milk and milk products for human consumption from Canada to Egypt
- Note: Additional statements can be added to the health certificate, but only through consultation with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
6. Other Information
- Samples (personal or commercial) of dairy products may be subject to the same requirements as a regular shipment. It is strongly recommended that the exporter verify these requirements with their importer.
- Exported dairy products transiting through a third country may require transit documentation. It is the responsibility of the exporter to ensure that the shipment will be accompanied by all the necessary certificates. Please work closely with your importer.
- IS EG Halal Certification. Is the only entity exclusively authorized by the Government of Egypt to certify Halal exports worldwide.
- Date modified: