Costa Rica - Export requirements for fish and seafood
- Processed fish products
- Wild whole salmon (limited to the Canadian harvested salmon)
Labelling, marking and packaging requirements
- Processed fishery products are subject to specific labelling and marking requirements.
- All labels must indicate the following in Spanish:
- name of product
- grade or quality
- net weight or volume, in metric units
- Labels and boxes must clearly indicate the following:
- name and number of the processing establishment.
- production code, batch or shipment, which allow its traceability the codes must be legible and indelible.
- recommended conditions for handling, storage, conservation and distribution.
- expiration date. In the case of products packaged in presentations intended for retail sale, the labeling must comply with the provisions of the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Commerce and the Ministry of Health.
- Registration of labels may be required prior to exportation to Costa Rica.
- Sanitary certificate for fish and fishery product intended for human consumption exported from Canada to Costa Rica (CFIA/ACIA 5970)
Shipments may require a pre-approval letter.
Servicio Nacional de Salud Animal (SENASA) (Spanish only)
Barreal de Heredia Costa Rica de Jardines del Recuerdo
1KM al oeste y 400 metros al Norte
Campus Universitario Benjamin Nuñez Apartado 3-3006 Cenada
- Date modified: