Narasin and Nicarbazin (NRNC) – Medicating Ingredient Brochure
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Status: Over the counter
Revised January 2019
|Approved livestock species||Approved claim(s)
(abbreviated)Table Note 1
|Withdrawal time||Name of
||0 days||Maxiban Premix|
|Approved claims||Name of
|Drug concentration in
|Claim 1||Maxiban Premix||Narasin at 80 g/kg and Nicarbazin at 80 g/kg|
Approved for use in meal or pellet feed
As an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria necatrix, E. tenella, E. acervulina, E. brunetti, E. maxima and E. mitis in broiler chickens.
Level of medicating ingredient in a complete feed
40 to 50 mg/kg (0.004% to 0.005%) of narasin and 40 to 50 mg/kg (0.004% to 0.005%) of nicarbazin in complete feed.
Note (not required to appear on medicated feed labels)
- Feed labels must state one specific drug level.
Directions for use in a complete feed
Feed this medicated feed continuously as the sole ration.
- Do not feed to laying chickens.
- Keep out of reach of children. (Required on premix and supplement labels only)
- Do not allow canines, horses or other equines access to formulations containing narasin. Ingestion of narasin by these species has been fatal.
- Poultry consuming narasin should not be treated with products containing tiamulin. Severe growth depression may occur.
- Do not feed to turkeys or breeding hens in production.
- Do not use this medicated feed for the treatment of outbreaks of coccidiosis.
- Not to be used in feeds containing pellet binding agents with the exception of Lignosol (4%) and bentonite (2%). (Required on premix and supplement labels only)
Narasin and Nicarbazin are compatible with the following drugs/drug combinations. In cases where there are differences in withdrawal time for the compatible medicating ingredients, the longer withdrawal time is the one that must be used, and is the only one that is to appear on the label of the finished feed. For details, refer to the MIB as indicated.
|Name of medicating ingredient||MIB code||Name of approved brand(s)||Applicable claims|
|Avilamycin||AVI||Surmax Premix||All claims|
|Bacitracin (as bacitracin methylenedisalicylate)||BACN-M||
- Date modified: