CFIA suspends the Safe Food for Canadians licence of Boat Fresh International Trading Ltd.
Effective January 18, 2022, the Safe Food for Canadians (SFC) licence of 6RH736HR Boat Fresh International Trading Ltd. was reinstated.
June 29, 2021, Ottawa
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has suspended the Safe Food for Canadians (SFC) licence #6RH736HR of Boat Fresh International Trading Ltd., in the business of importing and selling seafood products, located in Richmond, British Columbia, effective June 15, 2021.
While the suspension is in effect, the licence holder may not conduct any activity for which licence 6RH736HR was issued.
The CFIA suspended the licence because the licence holder failed to correct the following non-compliances within the required time period:
- preparing and keeping documentation for product traceability in accordance with Part 5, section 90(1)(a)of the SFCR
- preparing, keeping and maintaining a satisfactory written recall and complaints procedure and a preventative control plan in accordance sections 85 and 89(4) of Part 4 of the SFCR
- altering, destroying or falsifying a document required to be kept, maintained or provided under the SFCR, contrary to section 17.
Licence holders are responsible for ensuring they comply with Canada's food laws. The CFIA is responsible for enforcing those laws.
The licence suspension will be lifted if the CFIA determines that effective corrective measures have been taken by the importer. If corrective action is not taken within 90 days after suspension, the CFIA may initiate the procedure to cancel the licence. Cancellation can occur after the licence holder has been notified of the grounds for cancellation and provided with an opportunity to be heard.
There is no food recall associated with this suspension.
Safe Food for Canadians licences can be suspended:
- for failure to comply with the Safe Food for Canadians Act, the Food and Drugs Act and their related regulations
- for default of payment of any fee related to the licence
- if risk of injury to the public may result from continuing to conduct the licensed activity
See complete list of CFIA's SFC licence suspensions and cancellations
- Date modified: