Suspended and cancelled accreditation of certification bodies
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is responsible for monitoring and enforcing Part 13 of the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations. Certification bodies are accredited by the CFIA to certify agricultural products as organic in accordance with the requirements of the Canada Organic Regime.
The CFIA has the authority to suspend the accreditation of a certification body if there is non-compliance with any provision of the Safe Food for Canadians Act and regulations, or ISO 17065 requirements.
Accreditation suspensions remain in effect until the required corrective measures are implemented and verified, or until the accreditation is cancelled.
Suspension and cancellation notices
- CFIA suspends accreditation of British Columbia Association for Regenerative Agriculture (BCARA) under the Canada Organic Regime
Date of suspension: 2021-06-21
- CFIA suspends accreditation of CERTIFICADORA BIOTROPICO S.A.S. under the Canada Organic Regime
Date of suspension: 2021-05-27
Date of reinstatement: 2021-07-05
- CFIA cancels accreditation of Oregon Tilth Incorporated (OTCO) under the Canada Organic Regime
Date of cancellation: 2020-04-01
- CFIA cancels accreditation of Global Organic Alliance under the Canada Organic Regime
Date of cancellation: 2019-01-01
- CFIA cancels accreditation of Boliviana de Certificación "Bolicert" under the Canada Organic Regime
Date of cancellation: 2018-10-07
- CFIA Suspends Accreditation of Etko Ekolojyk Tarim Kontrol Organizasyonu Limited (ETKO) under the Canada Organic Regime
Date of Cancellation: 2016-06-03
- Date modified: