This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (35 kb)
Pictures - PDF (440 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Frontier Russet x F87070) made by T. Richard Tarn at the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Potato Research Centre in Fredericton, New Brunswick, in 1996.
- Year registered in Canada: 2010
- Registration number: 6790
- Maturity: late
- Plants: medium, semi-erect; stems weakly pigmented at the base; prominent straight wings; nodes not swollen.
- Leaves: medium green; open; midribs not pigmented; petioles weakly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip cuspidate; base cordate and moderately asymmetrical; weakly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: elliptical; tip cuspidate; base cordate, slightly asymmetrical; slightly wrinkled appearance (moderately deep veins).
Secondary leaflets: numerous.
- Flowers: moderately numerous; white corolla with prominent star; bright yellow anthers; flower buds and peduncles not pigmented.
- Tubers: cylindrical; netted brown skin; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; slightly prominent eyebrows; cream coloured flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; red-violet; base weakly pubescent, moderately pigmented; tip strongly pubescent, not pigmented (green), semi-closed habit.
Medium yielding variety. Medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: low boiling sloughing; medium after cooking discolouration; good for boiling, baking and French frying.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: golden nematode ( Globodera rostochiensis Ro1).
NOTE: the following results are not issued from multiple replicated tests; they are provided as indications only.
Highly resistant: verticillium wilt (Verticillium dahliae).
Moderately resistant: verticillium wilt (Verticillium albo atrum).
Moderately susceptible: Fusarium dry rot, common scab.
Susceptible: PVX, PVY, late blight.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: