This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (35 kb)
Pictures - PDF (436- kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Puntila x H99/73) made by Holger Laue, Saka Pflanzenzucht GbR, Hamburg, Germany, in 1981.
- Year registered in Canada: 2010
- Registration number: 6768
- Maturity: mid-season to late
- Plants: tall, semi-erect; stems weakly pigmented; prominent waved single wings; nodes moderately swollen, not pigmented; non branching habit.
- Leaves: medium green, semi-open; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate and very slightly asymmetrical; moderately wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: six pairs; small; narrowly ovate; tip acute; base cordate and asymmetrical.
Secondary and tertiary leaflets: numerous.
- Flowers: numerous, white corolla with prominent star; bright yellow anthers; flower buds, calyxes and peduncles not pigmented.
- Tubers: round; netted buff skin; moderately deep eyes, predominantly apical; slightly prominent eyebrows; dark yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical; red-violet; base moderately pubescent, moderately pigmented; tip moderately pubescent, not pigmented, semi-open habit.
High yielding variety of attractive appearance. Rapid foliage development. Resistant to second growth, internal rust spot, mechanical damage and bruising. Highly tolerant to drought. Well adapted to sandy soils. Medium to long dormancy period. Good storage capability. Medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: good for boiling and mashing.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis Ro1), potato wart (race 1).
Highly resistant: common scab, leafroll.
Moderately resistant: late blight, rhizoctonia, black leg, PVY.
References: 1, 12.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: