This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Description - PDF (73 kb)
Pictures - PDF (115 kb)
Click on image for larger view
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (QP86013.02 x W231) made by the Centre de recherche Les Buissons inc., MAPAQ, at Pointe-aux-Outardes, Quebec (Canada) in 1992.
- Year registered in Canada: 2007
- Registration number: 6362
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium tall, semi-erect; rather thick stems, not pigmented; prominent straight single wings; slightly swollen nodes.
- Leaves: olive green, open silhouette; petiole not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate and asymmetrical; margins slightly wavy.
Primary leaflets: three pairs, narrowly ovate; tip acuminate; base obtuse, very slightly asymmetrical.
- Flowers: very numerous, white small corolla with prominent star, bright yellow anther; calix, flower bud and peduncle very slightly pigmented; low berry production.
- Tubers: flattened round tuber; flaky brown skin; few shallow eyes, evenly distributed; slightly prominent eyebrows; white flesh.
- Sprouts: conical, red-violet, base and tip weakly pigmented and weakly pubescent; closed habit.
Medium yielding variety. Good resistance to hollow heart; medium dry matter content; medium dormancy period.
- Utilization: firm texture, excellent for boiling; none to trace sloughing after boiling; none to trace blackening after cooking.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Susceptible: late blight, common scab, rhizoctonia.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: