This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (75 kb)
Pictures - PDF (219 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Cebeco Zaden from the cross (Elvira x Escort) in Lelystad, The Netherlands, in 1994.
- Year registered in Canada: 2004
- Registration number: 5840
- Maturity: late
- Plants: tall, erect; stems weakly pigmented; straight single wings; nodes swollen, not pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, semi-open; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acute; base obtuse and asymmetrical; strongly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: six pairs; narrowly ovate; tip acute; base obtuse or cordate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: numerous, white corolla with prominent star; orange anthers; flower buds slightly pigmented; peduncles not pigmented.
- Tubers: round to oval; flaky yellow skin; few moderately deep eyes, predominantly apical; slightly prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; red-violet; base moderately pubescent, moderately pigmented; tip weakly pubescent, weakly pigmented, semi-open habit.
High yielding variety; many tubers per plant; moderately good resistance to internal bruising; medium dormancy period; good storability; medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: fairly firm texture; good for baking and boiling.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Field immune: potato wart.
Highly resistant: PVA, PVX, PVY.
Moderately resistant: leaf roll, late blight.
Susceptible: common scab, potato cyst nematode.
References: 1, 4, 7.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: