This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (59 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Niska x ND860-2) made and selected by Agriculture and Agri-food Canada at the Lethbridge Research Center, Alberta, in 1986.
- Year registered in Canada: 2006
- Registration number: 6173
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium; spreading; thick stems, not pigmented; straight single wings; nodes moderately swollen, not pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green; semi-open.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; acuminate tip; base truncate and symmetrical.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; medium ovate; acuminate tip; base truncate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: moderately numerous; white corolla with very prominent star; flower buds not pigmented; lemon yellow anthers; low berry production.
- Tubers: oval; smooth white skin; shallow eyes, moderately numerous, evenly distributed; eyebrows not prominent; white flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; green; moderately pubescent; closed habit apex.
High yielding variety; good resistance to tuber deformations, hollow heart and net necrosis. High specific gravity. Medium dormancy (6 months).
Excellent potential for direct chipping out of a 6°C storage.
- Utilization: mealy texture; low boiling sloughing; low after cooking discolouration; excellent for chipping.
- Chief Market: chipping.
Reaction to Diseases
Highly resistant: tubers late blight.
Moderately resistant: common scab, fusarium wilt.
Moderately susceptible: foliar late blight, verticillium wilt, fusarium dry rot.
Susceptible: early blight.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: