This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (36 kb)
Pictures – PDF (294 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by D. Biemond B.V. from the cross (Spunta x SVP Ve 66295) in The Netherlands.
- Year registered in Canada: 2004
- Registration number: 5871
- Maturity: late.
- Plants: medium height, erect; thick stems, weakly pigmented; small straight single wings; moderately swollen nodes.
- Leaves: medium green, open, moderately pubescent on lower surface; midribs not pigmented and moderately pubescent.
Terminal leaflets: broadly ovate; apex cuspidate; base cordate and asymmetrical; margins slightly wavy.
Primary leaflets: four to seven pairs, medium ovate, apex cuspidate; base cordate and very asymmetrical.
Secondary and tertiary leaflets: very numerous.
- Flowers: very few, medium-large, white corolla, star moderately prominent, yellow-orange anthers; buds moderately pigmented, drop readily.
- Tubers: oblong; buff coloured smooth skin; few shallow eyes, predominantly apical; very slightly prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid, weak pubescence at the base, medium at the tip; strong blue-violet pigmentation at the base; green tip.
Very high yielding variety; uniform in grading. Rather good resistance to internal bruising and to drought. Medium to low dry matter content.
- Utilization: slightly mealy flesh, only traces after cooking discolouration; good for fresh consumption.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart.
Resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis Ro1), PVA, PVX.
Good resistance: PVY.
Moderately resistant: powdery scab.
Moderately susceptible: common scab.
Susceptible: late blight, leafroll, blackleg.
References - Potato Varieties: 1, 7.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: