This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (77 kb)
Pictures - PDF (91 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (TAB8188-04 x A7961-1) made by Le Centre de recherches Les Buissons, MAPAQ, at Pointe-aux-Outardes, Quebec (Canada). Released in 2006.
- Year registered in Canada: 2003
- Registration number: 6241
- Maturity: late
- Plants: tall, erect; stems weakly pigmented; wavy single wings; nodes not swollen and not pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, semi-open; midribs and petioles weakly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip cuspidate; base obtuse and asymmetrical; weakly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; narrowly ovate; tip acuminate; base obtuse and very weakly asymmetrical.
- Flowers: numerous, large red-violet corolla with very prominent star; orange anthers; peduncles strongly pigmented; medium berry production.
- Tubers: oblong; flaky brown skin; moderately numerous eyes set moderately deep, predominantly apical; slightly prominent eyebrows; white flesh.
- Sprouts: conical; red-violet; base moderately pubescent, moderately pigmented; tip weakly pubescent, not pigmented, closed habit.
High yielding variety. Tubers have an excellent washing quality. Short dormancy period. Medium to high specific gravity.
Fjord can be grown in all soil types; however, very dry soil should be avoided. It is recommended to use a spacing of 30 to 32 cm within the row for crops intended for the consumption market. Before plantation, seed should be warmed up and good healing conditions should be provided after cutting.
- Utilization: low sloughing after boiling, no after cooking discolouration; good for boiling, baking and for French frying.
- Chief Markets: fresh market, transformation for French fries.
Reaction to Diseases
Moderately resistant: common scab.
Moderately susceptible: late blight, rhizoctonia.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: