This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (12 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Friese Maatschappij van Landbouw from the cross (Estima x Sinaeda) in Metslawier, (Netherlands) in 1973.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4814
- Maturity: early to mid-season
- Plants: medium; semi-erect; thin stems, strongly pigmented; wings waved single; moderately swollen nodes, weakly to not pigmented.
- Leaves: dark green; closed; midribs weakly pigmented; petioles moderately pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acute; base obtuse and very slightly asymmetrical; medium wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: five pairs; small to medium; narrowly ovate; tip acute; base obtuse and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: medium to numerous; medium size purple corolla, prominent star; bright yellow anthers; flower buds weakly pigmented; peduncle weakly to moderately pigmented.
- Tubers: oval; smooth light yellow skin; few shallow eyes, evenly distributed; not prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical; purple; base strongly pubescent and strongly pigmented; apex weakly pubescent, not pigmented.
High to very high yielding variety; medium number of tubers per plant, uniform in shape and in grading; good resistance to hollow heart and to drought; rather good resistance to internal bruising; medium to good storability; short to medium dormancy period; low dry matter.
- Utilization: mealy texture; none to traces after cooking blackening; good for boiling and baking, not suitable for chipping or frying.
- Chief Market: fresh market
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1)
Highly resistant: PVA.
Moderately resistant: leaf roll, PVX, tuber late blight, phoma rot.
Moderately susceptible: common scab, PVY, fusarium dry rot.
Susceptible: leaf late blight.
References: 1, 4, 7
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: