This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (35 kb)
Pictures - PDF (140 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by B.V. de ZPC from the cross (Monalisa x Rop B 1178) in Leeuwarden (Netherlands).
- Year registered in Canada: 2004
- Registration number: 5856
- Maturity: medium late
- Plants: tall, semi-erect; stems moderately pigmented; medium size straight single wings; slightly swollen nodes.
- Leaves: olive green, open, lower surface moderately pubescent; midribs weakly pigmented with medium-high pubescence on top.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; apex acuminate; base obtuse to cordate, symmetrical; margins moderately wavy.
Primary leaflets: five pairs, medium-large, narrowly ovate, apex acute to acuminate; base obtuse to cordate, asymmetrical.
Secondary and tertiary leaflets: numerous.
- Flowers: numerous, medium large white corolla, very prominent star, orange anthers; buds strongly pigmented, persistant; medium berry production.
- Tubers: large to very large, oblong; light yellow smooth skin; shallow eyes, predominantly apical; eyebrows not to slightly prominent; cream to light yellow coloured flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical, red-violet, weakly pubescent.
Very high yielding variety; uniform in grading. Very good foliage development. Good resistance to drought and secondary growth; moderately good resistance to internal bruising. Medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: fairly firm to floury flesh; good for French fries, baking and mashing.
- Chief Markets: fresh market and French fries processing.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1).
Resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis Ro1).
Highly resistant: PVY.
Good resistance: tuber late blight, leaf roll.
Moderately resistant: leaf late blight.
Susceptible: PVX, common scab.
References: 1, 3, 7.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: