This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (33 kb)
Pictures - PDF (430 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Peter Keijzer, Fobek B.V. from the cross (Oscar x VE 8044) in Annaparochie, The Netherlands, in 1994.
- Year registered in Canada: 2010
- Registration number: 6743
- Maturity: mid-season to late
- Plants: medium, spreading; thin stems very strongly pigmented; nodes slightly swollen.
- Leaves: dark green, open; midribs and petioles very strongly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate; tip acute to acuminate; base obtuse to cordate.
Primary leaflets: narrowly ovate; tip acute to acuminate; base cordate; rather deep veins; weakly wavy margins; no pubescence on leaf blade at apical rosette.
- Flowers: moderately numerous; red-violet corolla, strongly pigmented; flower buds not pigmented; peduncles very strongly pigmented.
- Tubers: round to oval; smooth blue skin; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; slightly prominent eyebrows; yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical; blue-violet; base weakly pubescent, very strongly pigmented; tip strongly pubescent, strongly pigmented; closed habit; few short lateral shoots.
Medium yielding variety. Many small tubers per plant. Good storage capability. Medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: good for baking and boiling.
- Chief Market: specialty market.
Reaction to Diseases
Highly susceptible: common scab.
References: 1, 13.
- Date modified: