This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (35 kb)
Pictures - PDF (136 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred and selected by Les Buissons Research Center, MAPAQ, Les Buissons (Québec) from the cross (Hudson x Campbell-13) in 1986.
- Year registered in Canada: 1999
- Registration number: 5013
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium height, spreading growth; thin stems, strongly pigmented; very prominent straight single wings; moderately swollen nodes.
- Leaves: dark green, open, slightly pubescent; midribs and petioles are strongly pigmented and slightly pubescent.
Terminal leaflets: elliptical, tip acuminate, base obtuse and symmetrical.
Primary leaflets: four pairs, broadly ovate, tip acuminate, base truncate and very asymmetrical.
- Flowers: few, large, white; greenish yellow anthers; buds strongly pigmented.
- Tubers: oval; white smooth skin; eyes are medium shallow and predominantly apical; slightly prominent eyebrows; white flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid, strong red-violet pigmentation and light pubescence at the base; apex green, closed and slightly pubescent.
High yielding variety; high tuber set. Excellent washing quality. Very resistant to drought; tendency to crack if harvested before maturity. Medium dormancy period. Very high specific gravity.
- Utilization: excellent for chipping (it chips well until the end of April) and for boiling.
- Chief Markets: fresh market, chipping.
Reaction do diseases
Resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis Ro1).
Good resistance: common scab.
Moderately susceptible: rhizoctonia.
Susceptible: late blight, verticillium wilt.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: