This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (34 kb)
Pictures – PDF (341 kb)
- Origin & Breeding: bred by P. & G. van der Zee & HZPC Holland BV from the cross (TS 77-148 x Monalisa) in Metslawier, The Netherlands, in 1985.
- Year registered in Canada: 2007
- Registration number: 6311
- Maturity: early to mid-season
- Plants: tall, semi-erect; stems weakly pigmented; straight single wings; nodes slightly swollen, not pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, semi-open; midribs highly pubescent on top, not pigmented; petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acute; base cordate and very asymmetrical; strongly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: four to five pairs; narrowly ovate; tip acute; base cordate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: moderately numerous, white corolla with prominent star; orange anthers; flower buds and peduncles not pigmented.
- Tubers: oval; smooth yellow skin; few shallow eyes, evenly distributed; slightly prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: conical; red-violet; base moderately pubescent, moderately pigmented; tip strongly pubescent, not pigmented, semi-open habit.
High yielding variety, uniform in grading. Good resistance to internal bruising. Medium to long dormancy period; medium to low specific gravity.
- Utilization: fairly firm texture; none to trace of after cooking discoloration; very good for baking, boiling or steaming.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Field immune: potato wart.
Highly resistant: PVA, PVY.
Moderately resistant: leafroll, PVX, late blight on tuber, silver scurf, blackleg, black dot.
Moderately susceptible: late blight on leaves, common scab, powdery scab, rhizoctonia, skin spot.
References: 1, 3, 4, 7.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: