This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (10 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Saskia x 92/456) at the breeding station of Nordostbayerischer Saatbauverband, Marktredwitz (Germany) in 1959.
- Year registered in Canada: 1997
- Registration number: 4573
- Maturity: medium early
- Plants: medium tall, spreading, open, deeply sunk-in top; wings prominent, waved.
- Leaves: light green, medium large.
Leaflets: broadly ovate, smooth, wavy margins.
- Flowers: few, small white corolla; flower bud slightly pigmented; peduncle short to medium, purple mottled.
- Tubers: oval to oblong; smooth to netted ochre skin; shallow eyes; yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid to cylindrical; base slightly pubescent, weakly pigmented of red-purple; apex very weakly pigmented.
Medium high yielding variety; excellent storability; medium high dry matter. Moderately susceptible to internal defects, highly resistant to injuries.
- Utilization: mostly firm cooking texture; good for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: fresh market
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: race 1 of potato wart.
Good resistance: PVA, early blight.
Moderately susceptible: common scab, leaf late blight.
Highly susceptible: PVY.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: