This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (11 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred and selected by Plant Breeding International Cambridge Ltd., Cambridge, England, from (LR3 x D42-8) in 1979.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4699
- Maturity: late.
- Plants: medium height, semi-erect. Stems medium thin, strong pigmentation; slightly swollen nodes; waved single wings.
- Leaves: dark green, moderately open; midribs moderately to strongly pigmented, moderately pubescent.
Terminal leaflets: ovate, acuminate tip, cordate and symmetrical base.
Primary leaflets: 3 to 4 pairs, narrowly ovate, acuminate tip, symmetrical and cordate base, medium size.
- Flowers: numerous inflorescences with many flowers each, medium pigmentation on buds, blue-violet corolla with small white tips, orange anthers, strong to very strong pigmentation on peduncule. Medium berry production.
- Tubers: oval; smooth, light yellow skin; few, shallow and predominantly apical eyes; medium yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid, blue-violet, weak to moderate pubescence, apex closed.
Medium to high yielding variety with excellent virus resistance. Grows well in a wide range of climates. Moderately resistant to drought and bruising. Medium long dormancy. High specific gravity.
- Utilization: very good for french frying, moderately good for chipping.
- Chief Market: fresh market, processing and exportation.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: PVX, PVA, golden nematode (RO1).
Highly resistant: leaf roll.
Moderately resistant: dry rot.
Moderately susceptible: PVY, late blight, common scab, powdery scab.
Susceptible: potato wart.
Very susceptible: blackleg.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: