This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (11 kb)
Click on image for larger view
- Origin & Breeding: bred and selected by Agriculture Canada, the University of Guelph and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food, Guelph, Ontario, from the cross (G68211 x G6521-4RY) made in 1970.
- Year registered in Canada: 1987
- Registration number: 2833
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium size, spreading, floppy. Stems medium green with some reddish pigment speckled on it; slight straight wings.
- Leaves: yellowish green, open; pairs of leaflets not exact, especially towards base of leaf; midribs with slight wing and slightly pigmented at jonction with petiolule.
Terminal leaflets: ovate, acute tip.
Primary leaflets: narrowly ovate, acute tip; some small tertiary leaflets on petiolules.
Secondary leaflets: small, ovate.
- Flowers: buds pubescent, pigmented at base, dark band at articulation; small, dark purple corolla; golden yellow anthers; medium berry production.
- Tubers: round to oval; smooth to slightly flaky, pinkish red skin; medium deep eyes, uniformly distributed, brighter pink-red than skin; bright yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: conical; very pubescent; base pinkish-red; apex pinkish-yellow.
Medium yielding variety; high number of tubers per plant; medium-small size; short dormancy; medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: moist flesh texture; good for boiling and baking; acceptable chipping quality at harvest.
- Chief Markets: fresh market and seed export.
Reaction to Diseases
Good resistance: leaf roll, PVY.
Moderately resistant: common scab.
Susceptible: PVA, PVS, PVX.
References: 1, 6.
- Date modified: