This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (82 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: originated from an open pollinated cross between "Irene" and an unknown male parent found by E. & G. Loo in Kensington, Prince Edward Island, in 1984.
- Year registered in Canada: 1997
- Registration number: 4601
- Maturity: late to very late
- Plants: medium height, spreading; stems weakly pigmented; wings not prominent; medium to strongly swollen nodes, weakly pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, medium open; midribs and petioles weakly to moderately pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; apex acute; base obtuse and asymmetrical; weakly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; medium ovate; apex cuspidate; base obtuse and strongly asymmetrical.
- Flowers: numerous, medium to large corolla, blue lavender; buds weakly pigmented; high berry production.
- Tubers: round; rough yellow skin; shallow to intermediate eyes, predominantly apical, eyebrows not prominent; dark yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; base weakly pubescent with a medium blue-violet pigmentation; apex moderately pubescent, not pigmented.
Medium high yielding variety; good storability; long dormancy period.
- Utilization: good for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Highly resistant: late blight
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: