This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (95 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Agriculture Canada from (Arran Victory x and 5-142) and selected at the St. John's West Research Station, Newfoundland, in 1969.
- Year registered in Canada: 1979
- Registration number: 1930
- Maturity: late
- Plants: upright; nodes very slightly swollen; wings prominent, moderately wavy.
- Leaves: open, dark green; young leaves slightly pubescent.
- Flowers: large, numerous, white; long peduncles.
- Tubers: round, stem-end slightly flattened; blue purple skin; medium-deep eyes; white flesh.
- Sprouts: dark bluish purple.
High yielding variety; slight cracking may occur on tubers grown in dry soil; good storability, short dormancy period. High total solids.
- Utilization: very good for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: table in Newfoundland
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: potato wart (race 2, 8).
Moderately resistant: late blight.
Susceptible: common scab, pathotype A of the golden nematode.
References: 1, 6.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: