This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (34 kb)
Pictures - PDF (384 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Böhm-Nordkartoffel Agrarproduktion OHG from the cross (Aguti x Ponto) in Lüneburg, Germany, in 1989.
- Year registered in Canada: 2010
- Registration number: 6746
- Maturity: early to mid-season
- Plants: medium, semi-erect; stems weakly pigmented; nodes not swollen.
- Leaves: dark green, semi-open; midribs and petioles not or very weakly pigmented; strongly wavy margins; moderately deep veins.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate.
Primary leaflets: narrowly ovate; tip acute to acuminate; base cordate.
Secondary leaflets: moderately numerous.
- Flowers: moderately numerous; pale red-violet corolla with a white star; flower buds not or very weakly pigmented; peduncles weakly pigmented.
- Tubers: round; smooth yellow skin; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; slightly prominent eyebrows; medium to dark yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; red-violet; base and tip moderately pubescent and moderately pigmented; closed habit.
Medium to high yielding variety of small sized tubers. Very good storage capability. Medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: fairly firm to firm texture; very good for boiling, frying and salads.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1), PVA.
Resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis Ro1, Ro4).
Highly resistant: PVYn, PVYntn.
Moderately susceptible: black leg, spraing.
Susceptible: leafroll, late blight, common scab.
References: 1, 14.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: