This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (10 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred at the Agriculture Canada Research Center from the cross (Hudson x F73008) in La Pocatière, Quebec (Canada) in 1986.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4779
- Maturity: early mid-season
- Plants: medium height, erect; thin stems moderately pigmented; wings weakly prominent, straight single; nodes moderately swollen, weakly pigmented.
- Leaves: yellowish green, semi-open, pubescent; midribs and petioles weakly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip cuspidate; base cordate and slightly asymmetrical; weakly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three pairs, large; medium ovate; tip cuspidate; base cordate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: medium-sized, very pale lavender corolla, moderately prominent star; yellow-orange anther; flower buds weakly pigmented; peduncle weakly pigmented.
- Tubers: oval to oblong; smooth white skin; shallow eyes, few to intermediate in number, uniformly distributed; slightly prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; base reddish purple, moderately pigmented, not pubescent; apex very weakly pigmented, moderately pubescent.
This variety gives very good yields early in the season and excellent mid-season yields; well adapted to Quebec climatic conditions; good storability; medium dormancy period; medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: good for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
No information available
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: