This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (85 kb)
Pictures - PDF (139 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred at the Agriculture Canada Research Station in Fredericton, New Brunswick, from the cross (Belleisle x N457). Released in 1988.
- Year registered in Canada: 1993
- Registration No.: 3785
- Maturity: early
- Plants: medium, spreading growth; medium thick stems; inconspicuous wings, nodes not prominent.
- Leaves: medium green, open, sparse pubescence on upper surface.
Terminal leaflets: ovate, tip acuminate, obtuse to truncate base, usually symmetrical.
Primary leaflets: four pairs, narrowly ovate, tip acute, base somewhat asymmetrical.
- Flowers: medium size white corolla, petals are separated at the base (hole); orange anthers.
- Tubers: round to oval, slightly blocky; smooth buff coloured skin; moderately shallow eyes; white flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical, small, no colouration or pubescence.
Medium to high yielding variety; not susceptible to hollow hart. Medium specific gravity. Medium dormancy.
- Utilization: good to excellent quality for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: early fresh market
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: PVY, tuber symptoms of early blight.
Moderately resistant: common scab, PVS, Verticillium albo-atrum witl, phoma tuber rot.
Susceptible: leaf roll, Verticillium dahliae wilt, blackleg, rhizoctonia, late blight, foliar symptoms of early blight, fusarium dry rots.
References: 1, 6
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: