Fertilizer Program Regulatory Modernization
Effective October 26, 2020, the amended Fertilizers Regulations are in force. Regulated parties can comply with either the "new" regulations or the "old" regulations for a period of 3 years. This applies to the manufacture, sale, import or export of fertilizers and supplements regulated under the Fertilizers Act.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is in the process of reviewing all of its regulations for food safety, plant and animal health to improve their consistency, reduce their complexity and strengthen consumer protection. As part of a multi-year, structured and comprehensive review of its regulatory frameworks, the Agency aims to ensure that safety is the overarching consideration and that regulations align with leading industry practices, and are outcome-based and transparent. Modernized regulations will reduce unnecessary regulatory burden; provide clarity and flexibility in regulations; and support innovation and changes in science and technology.
- Share and view ideas: CFIA presentation at the annual Canadian Fertilizer Products Forum New
- Updates to the Fertilizers Regulations now final New
- Canada Gazette Part II New
- Regulatory impact assessment statement New
- Amended Fertilizers Regulations New
- List of primary fertilizer and supplement materials
- Notice to Industry – Transitional provisions New
- Regulatory requirements for fertilizers and supplements - Index of Trade Memoranda
- Date modified: