Archived - Chapter 7 – Packaging and labelling
7.2 Applicable legislation and references
This page has been archived
This page was archived due to the coming into force of the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations. Archived information is provided for reference, research or record-keeping purposes only. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. For current information visit Food.
The following references are applicable to the packaging, labelling and recipes of meat products either prepared in federally registered meat establishments or imported:
- The Meat Inspection Act and Regulations
- The Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act and Regulations
- The Food and Drugs Act and Regulations
- The Canada Agricultural Products Act and Regulations made thereunder
- The Industry Labelling Tool
- The CFIA Meat Cuts Manual
- The Nutrition Labelling Tool Kit
- The Weights and Measures Act and Regulations
To reduce the volume of this chapter, the information contained in these reference materials will not be repeated in detail.
- Date modified: