Comparative nutrient content claims
Comparative nutrient content claims are those that compare the nutritional properties of two or more foods. The major categories of comparative nutrient content claims are:
- Light in energy or fat
Examples of comparative claims include:
- "3 grams more fibre than 1 slice of Brand X bread"
- "33% less sodium per x serving than our regular potato chips"
On this page
- Conditions for use of comparative nutrient content claims
- Comparative claims for vitamin and mineral nutrients
- Reformulated products and similar reference foods
- Example: steps for evaluating "reduced in fat"
- Date modified: