Advertising requirements for nutrient content claims
Nutrient content claims that are presented in any form of advertising must meet all applicable conditions listed in the tables in Specific nutrient content claim requirements.
Media-specific requirements vary, depending on whether:
- the advertisement is for radio or television
- the advertisement is for other types of media
- the advertisement is placed by the manufacturer; or
- the advertisement is placed by someone other than the manufacturer (that is a third party).
The decision trees for nutrient content claim advertising requirements below provide a tool to aid in identifying advertising requirements of nutrient content claims.
On this page
- Advertisements placed by the manufacturer versus third party
- General advertising requirements (advertisements other than those for radio or television)
- Advertisements for radio or television
- Advertisements making vitamin and mineral nutrient content claims
- Decision trees for nutrient content claim advertising requirements
- Date modified: