United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland – Export requirements for sprouts and seeds intended for the production of sprouts
The information presented below is subject to change.
The United Kingdom is now considered by the European Union (EU) as a third country. However, a special status has been granted to Northern Ireland which remains aligned with the EU on sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) measures.
1. Labelling, packaging and marking requirements
Exported products depending on their final destination (Great Britain and/or Northern Ireland) mainly must meet certain packaging and labelling requirements. The exporter must work closely with the importer to ensure the compliance of their products.
2. Export documents available upon request
The export health certificate below covers products exported to Great Britain, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. References to EU legislation within this certificate are references to direct EU legislation which has been retained in Great Britain (retained EU law as defined in the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018).
- Official health certificate for the placing on the market of sprouts and seeds intended for the production of sprouts GBHC171X. (CFIA/ACIA 5958)
Note: references to Great Britain in this certificate include the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
3. Additional information
Exported products transiting through a third country may require transit documentation. It is the responsibility of the exporter to ensure that the shipment will be accompanied by all necessary certificates. Please work closely with your importer.
Samples (personal or commercial) of products may be subject to the same requirements as a regular shipment. A special import permit could be required. It is strongly recommended that the exporter verify these requirements with their importer and/or with the border control post where the products will be shipped.
- Health certificates for animal and animal product imports to Great Britain
- United Kingdom border control posts
- Northern Ireland Points of Entry
- Legal standards for labelling and composition for certain food products
- General import licences for research and diagnostic samples, trade samples and display items and some animals products
- Import of products, animals, food and feed system (IPAFFS)
- Date modified: