Syria - Export requirements for meat and poultry products
- chilled or frozen quarters
- chilled or frozen carcasses
Pre-export approvals by competent authority of importing country
- Exports are normally in response to tenders issued by the Syrian General Institution of Consumption, and these tenders will set conditions, such as the age and sex of the slaughtered animals and the lapsed time permitted between slaughter and arrival in Syria.
Production controls and inspection requirements
- Animals from which carcasses are derived shall not have been treated with hormones or other substances.
- The pleura and peritoneum shall be free from lesions, be intact and in their natural position.
- Certification must be validated by a Syrian Embassy or Consulate.
- A certificate in respect of ritual slaughter is required.
Labelling, marking and packaging requirements
- The date of slaughter must be legibly stamped on each carcass.
- In addition to normal requirements, each stockinette outer cover must bear the following information in Arabic, and in French or English:
- date of slaughter; and,
- either the words "Mashi", "Syria" or "General Institution of Consumption, Damascus, Syria".
- Certificate of Inspection Covering Meat Products (CFIA/ACIA 1454)
- Date modified: