Panama - Export requirements for meat and poultry products
Production controls and inspection requirements
- Panamanian authorities have indicated that shipments of meat products imported into Panama are subject to bacteriological testing for pathogens such as E. coli O157: H7, Salmonella spp. and Listeria monocytogenes as part of routine import control procedures.
Labelling, marking and packaging requirements
- Panamanian authorities recommend that safe - handling instructions or cooking instructions be placed on the label of raw meat products. The exporter should contact the authorities for details.
- The production date must appear on the label of shipping containers.
- Transport containers should be sealed with an official seal. The seal number must appear on the export certificate.
- Certificate of Inspection Covering Meat Products (CFIA/ACIA 1454)
- Form CFIA/ACIA 1454 can be presented to the competent authorities as a certificate of free sale.
- Date modified: