El Salvador - Export requirements for meat and poultry products
Some of the information on this Web page has been provided by external sources. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information supplied by external sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information. Content provided by external sources is not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements.
At present, Canada does not have market access for meat and meat products to El Salvador. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has been informed that the import permits issued for Canadian poultry, pork and beef by the El Salvador Ministerio de Agricultura y Ganadería (MAG) (Spanish only) have expired. In order to renew the import permits, MAG requires an onsite inspection of exporting establishments.
- Beef products
- boneless products derived from animals that were less than thirty (30) months old (UTM) at the time of slaughter
Pre-export approvals by competent authority of importing country
- Establishments must be approved by the Ministerio de Agricultura y Ganadería (MAG) (Spanish only).
- In order to obtain approval, an on-site inspection must be conducted by El Salvador authorities. Trading parties are responsible to cover the costs associated with the inspection.
- Please refer to Annex 1 - List of Establishments Approved to Export to El Salvador for more information.
- Trading parties are responsible for obtaining the required import licence from the El Salvadorian import authorities and for ensuring that any veterinary requirements appearing on the import licence, or other official import documents required by the importing country, are corresponding with the export certificate issued by the CFIA.
- Certificate of Inspection Covering Meat Products (CFIA/ACIA 1454)
- Annex A – Veterinary certificate for boneless beef products for export to El Salvador
Ministerio de Agricultura y Ganadería (MAG) (Spanish only)
Final 1a. Avenida Norte, 13 Calle Oriente y Avenida Manuel Gallardo
Santa Tecla, La Libertad
República de El Salvador, C. A.
Tel.: (503) 2210-1700
- Date modified: