Coronavirus (COVID-19): information for CFIA employees
On this page
- Vaccination requirements for CFIA employees
- Stay informed
- Technical support for employees
- Health and safety
- Self-assessment for CFIA employees working in establishments
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) continues to deliver services to preserve Canada's food safety system and safeguard its animal and plant resource base, which, in turn, support market access.
If you're in distress
Contact your Employee and Family Assistance Program online or by phone at 1-844-880-9142 for mental health support.
If you're showing symptoms of COVID-19, call your local public health authority. If it is an emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to your local emergency department.
Vaccination requirements for CFIA employees
All CFIA employees are required to provide their vaccination attestation in the Government of Canada Vaccine Attestation Tracking System (GC-VATS).
- COVID-19 vaccination for CFIA employees
- Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for the CFIA
- COVID-19 Vaccination Framework for the CFIA
- CFIA Framework on Mandatory Testing
As of October 20, 2020, all employee information related to the CFIA's COVID-19 activities can be found on the Merlin COVID-19 page (internal access only). Only select information – which must be accessed remotely – is available below.
Technical support for employees
For urgent requests, call 1-855-545-4411 (Monday to Friday, 6 am to 8 pm ET)
Health and safety
- Update for CFIA employees on the use of additional equipment (Personal Protective Equipment and other public health measures)
Self-assessment for CFIA employees working in establishments
- Date modified: