Language selection


Canadian International Health Certificate

This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).

Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository

The Canadian International Health Certificate may be used to accompany pet dogs and cats to other countries. This certificate should be printed on legal paper (8.5" X 14"), however letter sized paper (8.5" X 11"), will be accepted.

Please note that this certificate is being provided for use where appropriate. It is imperative that you contact the appropriate veterinary authorities or the embassy for the country you are travelling to in order to obtain the current import requirements.

If this document meets the requirements set out by the importing country, then it may be downloaded, completed by a veterinarian licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Canada and then presented to an official government veterinarian to be endorsed. There will be a fee applied for this service.

There are countries/zones for which the Canadian Food Inspection Agency has either negotiated specific veterinary health certificates, or where the country has provided their own health certificate. Therefore, the Canadian International Health Certificate should not be used for those countries.

For further information or clarification on this procedure, please contact the relevant CFIA Office for the province in which you reside.

Date modified: