Primary control zone (PCZ-99 – Saskatchewan)
WHEREAS, on September 26, 2022, primary control zone 99 was declared by the President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, under subsection 27(1) of the Health of Animals Act Footnote 1 for highly pathogenic avian influenza; and whereas I am authorized under section 33 of the Act to exercise the power of the Minister under subsection 27(2) of the Act.
THEREFORE, under subsection 27(2) of the Act, in respect of that primary control zone, I hereby, by order, designate the animals and things listed in the Schedule attached as being capable of being infected or contaminated by the highly pathogenic avian influenza.
Dated at Pierrefonds, Quebec this day of September 26, 2022, at 7:35 pm.
CommercialFootnote 2 or non-commercialFootnote 3 poultry. This includes day-old poultry and hatching eggs, eggs and other products or by-products of such captive domestic poultry, and things that have been exposed to such a bird.
Other captive birds (including birds that are raised in captivity for racing, exhibitions, zoological collections, competitions, or pets) if movements may result in contact with commercial or non-commercial poultry or their facilities. This includes eggs, other products or by-products of other captive birds, and things that have been exposed to such a bird.
WHEREAS, I, Dr. Siddika Mithani, President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, under the delegated authority of the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food (the Honorable Marie-Claude Bibeau), believe that the disease, highly pathogenic avian influenza, exists in the area in Canada described in the schedule attached hereto.
THEREFORE, I hereby declare, pursuant to subsection 27(1) of the Health of Animals ActFootnote 1, that the area described in the Schedule attached is a Primary Control Zone, effective the date below, in which I believe that highly pathogenic avian influenza exists.
Dated at Ottawa this 26th day of September 2022, at 6:30 pm.
Siddika Mithani, Ph.D.
President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
"Primary Control Zone for highly pathogenic avian influenza in the Province of Saskatchewan – Declaration Schedule" described as:
The following area in the province of Saskatchewan bounded by:
Geographical boundaries for: Primary Control Zone 99 (PCZ-99)
- Start at the junction of Range Road 3280 and Township Road 494.
- West on Township Road 494 to 12 St.
- West on 12 St to 50 Ave.
- North on 50 Ave to 25 St.
- West on 25 St to 59 Ave.
- North on 59 Ave to the junction of 36 St and 62 Ave.
- North on 62 Ave to 44 St.
- West on 44 St to 75 Ave.
- North on 75 Ave to Township Road 502.
- Continue North on Range Road 12 to Township Road 504.
- West on Township Road 504 to Range Road 13.
- North on Range Road 13 to Township Road 510.
- East on Township Road 510 to Range Road 12.
- North on Range Road 12 to GPS coordinate 110.054627W 53.381431N continuing North across terrain to Range Road 12 at GPS coordinate 110.054584W 53.387344N.
- North on Range Road 12 from GPS coordinate 110.054584W 53.387344N to Township Road 512.
- East on Township Road 512 to Highway 17.
- North on Highway 17 to Grid Road 798/Township Road 514.
- East on Grid Road 798/Township Road 514 to Range Road 3272.
- South on Range Road 3272 to Township Road 512.
- East on Township Road 512 to Range Road 3265.
- South on Range Road 3265 to Township Road 510.
- East on Township Road 510 to GPS coordinate 109.808272W 53.365698N.
- From GPS coordinate 109.808272W 53.365698N across terrain to the junction of Township Road 510 and Range Road 3265.
- South on Range Road 3265 to the junction of Township Road 502 and Range Road 3264A.
- South East on Range Road 3264A to Township Road 500A.
- South West on Township Road 500A to Range Road 3265.
- South on Range Road 3265 to Highway 303.
- West on Highway 303 to Range Road 3271.
- South on Range Road 3271 to Kempton Rd.
- West on Kempton Rd to Highway 16.
- North West on Highway 16 to Township Road 494.
- West on Township Road 494 to Range Road 3273.
- South on Range Road 3273 to GPS coordinate 109.954656W 53.242205N.
- From GPS coordinate 109.954656W 53.242205N across terrain to GPS coordinate 109.954656W 53.242205N on Range Road 3280.
- North on Range Road 3280 to Township Road 494.
- Date modified: