Primary control zone (PCZ-97 – Manitoba)
WHEREAS, on September 24, 2022, primary control zone 97 was declared by the President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, under subsection 27(1) of the Health of Animals Act Footnote 1 for highly pathogenic avian influenza; and whereas I am authorized under section 33 of the Act to exercise the power of the Minister under subsection 27(2) of the Act.
THEREFORE, under subsection 27(2) of the Act, in respect of that primary control zone, I hereby, by order, designate the animals and things listed in the Schedule attached as being capable of being infected or contaminated by the highly pathogenic avian influenza.
Dated at Pierrefonds, Quebec this day of September 24, 2022, at 2:25 pm.
CommercialFootnote 2 or non-commercialFootnote 3 poultry. This includes day-old poultry and hatching eggs, eggs and other products or by-products of such captive domestic poultry, and things that have been exposed to such a bird.
Other captive birds (including birds that are raised in captivity for racing, exhibitions, zoological collections, competitions, or pets) if movements may result in contact with commercial or non-commercial poultry or their facilities. This includes eggs, other products or by-products of other captive birds, and things that have been exposed to such a bird.
WHEREAS, I, Dr. Siddika Mithani, President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, under the delegated authority of the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food (the Honorable Marie-Claude Bibeau), believe that the disease, highly pathogenic avian influenza, exists in the area in Canada described in the schedule attached hereto.
THEREFORE, I hereby declare, pursuant to subsection 27(1) of the Health of Animals ActFootnote 1, that the area described in the Schedule attached is a Primary Control Zone, effective the date below, in which I believe that highly pathogenic avian influenza exists.
Dated at Ottawa this 24th day of September 2022, at 12:15 pm.
Siddika Mithani, Ph.D.
President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
"Primary Control Zone for highly pathogenic avian influenza in the Province of Manitoba – Declaration Schedule" described as:
The following area in the province of Manitoba bounded by:
Geographical boundaries for: Primary Control Zone 97 (PCZ-97)
- Start at the intersection of Dawson Road (207) and Highway 206.
- East on Dawson Road until the Southern edge of Trans Canada Highway 1.
- South-East along the Southern edge of Trans Canada Highway 1 until Proulx Road.
- South-East on Proulx Road until 39 Road.
- South on 39 Road until Dawson Road.
- West on Dawson Road until Proulx Road.
- South-West on Proulx Road until St Raymond Road.
- South-East on St Raymond Road until 42 Road N.
- West on 42 Road N until Provincial Road 210.
- South-East on Provincial Road 210 until Municipal Road 41N.
- West on Municipal Road 41N until Mud Road (Quarry Oaks Rd 38E).
- South on Mud Road (Quarry Oaks Rd 38E) until 40 Road N.
- West on 40 Road N until Ridgewood Road.
- South on Ridgewood Road until Provincial Road 311.
- West on Provincial Road 311 until Provincial Trunk Highway 12.
- South on Provincial Trunk Highway 12 until Clear Springs Road W.
- West on Clear Springs Road W until Road 30 E.
- North on Road 30 E until Hespler Road.
- West on Hespler Road until Provincial Road 206.
- North on Provincial Road 206 until Prefontaine Road.
- West on Prefontaine Road until Mun 27 E.
- North on Mun 27 E until Ste Anne's Road.
- South-East on Ste Anne's Road until Provincial Road 206.
- North on Provincial Road 206 until 210 Road.
- West on 210 Road until Road 27 E.
- North on Road 27 E until 46 Road.
- East on 46 Road until Provincial Road 206.
- North on Provincial Road 206 until Dawson Road (207).
- Date modified: