Primary control zone (PCZ-96 – Alberta)
WHEREAS, on September 23, 2022, primary control zone 96 was declared by the President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, under subsection 27(1) of the Health of Animals ActFootnote 1 for highly pathogenic avian influenza; and whereas I am authorized under section 33 of the Act to exercise the power of the Minister under subsection 27(2) of the Act.
THEREFORE, under subsection 27(2) of the Act, in respect of that primary control zone, I hereby, by order, designate the animals and things listed in the Schedule attached as being capable of being infected or contaminated by the highly pathogenic avian influenza.
Dated at Pierrefonds, Quebec this day of September 23, 2022, at 9:30 am.
CommercialFootnote 2 or non-commercialFootnote 3 poultry. This includes day-old poultry and hatching eggs, eggs and other products or by-products of such captive domestic poultry, and things that have been exposed to such a bird.
Other captive birds (including birds that are raised in captivity for racing, exhibitions, zoological collections, competitions, or pets) if movements may result in contact with commercial or non-commercial poultry or their facilities. This includes eggs, other products or by-products of other captive birds, and things that have been exposed to such a bird.
WHEREAS, I, Dr. Siddika Mithani, President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, under the delegated authority of the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food (the Honorable Marie-Claude Bibeau), believe that the disease, highly pathogenic avian influenza, exists in the area in Canada described in the schedule attached hereto.
THEREFORE, I hereby declare, pursuant to subsection 27(1) of the Health of Animals ActFootnote 1, that the area described in the Schedule attached is a Primary Control Zone, effective the date below, in which I believe that highly pathogenic avian influenza exists.
Dated at Ottawa this day of September 23, 2022, at 9:05 am.
Siddika Mithani, Ph.D.
President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
"Primary Control Zone for highly pathogenic avian influenza in the Province of Alberta – Declaration Schedule" described as:
The following area in the province of Alberta bounded by:
Geographical boundaries for: Primary Control Zone 96 (PCZ-96)
- Start at Township Road 92 and Range Road 172.
- East on Township Road 92 until Range Road 171.
- North on Range Road 171 until Township Road 94.
- East on Township Road 94 until Range Road 170.
- North on Range Road 170 until GPS coordinate 112.1722015°W 49.7678170°N.
- North-East over terrain from GPS coordinate 112.1722015°W 49.7678170°N until the junction of Highway 36 and Hackney Drive.
- East on Hackney Drive until GPS coordinate 112.1575804°W 49.7750521°N.
- East over terrain from GPS coordinate 112.1575804°W 49.7750521°N until Range Road 164 at GPS coordinate 112.1270305°W 49.7750718°N.
- North-East over terrain from GPS coordinate 112.1270305°W 49.7750718°N until the junction of Township Road 100 and Range Road 162.
- East on Township Road 100 until Range Road 160.
- South on Range Road 160 until Township Road 94.
- East on Township Road 94 until Range Road 154.
- South on Range Road 154 until Township Road 90.
- East on Township Road 90 until Range Road 152.
- South on Range Road 152 until Highway 513.
- West on Highway 513 until Range Road 153.
- South on Range Road 153 until Township Road 82.
- West on Township Road 82 until Range Road 154.
- South on Range Road 154 until Township Road 80.
- West on Township Road 80 until GPS coordinate 112.194652°W 49.611306 °N.
- North from GPS coordinate 112.194652°W 49.611306 °N to GPS coordinate 112.1947542°W 49.6257181°N.
- North-West over terrain from GPS coordinate 112.1947542°W 49.6257181°N until the junction of Range Road 172 and Township Road 82.
- North on Range Road 172 until Township Road 92.
- Date modified: