Primary control zone (PCZ-95 – Alberta)
WHEREAS, on September 21, 2022, primary control zone 95 was declared by the President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, under subsection 27(1) of the Health of Animals ActFootnote 1 for highly pathogenic avian influenza; and whereas I am authorized under section 33 of the Act to exercise the power of the Minister under subsection 27(2) of the Act.
THEREFORE, under subsection 27(2) of the Act, in respect of that primary control zone, I hereby, by order, designate the animals and things listed in the Schedule attached as being capable of being infected or contaminated by the highly pathogenic avian influenza.
Dated at Pierrefonds, Quebec this day of September 21, 2022, at 6:20 pm.
CommercialFootnote 2 or non-commercialFootnote 3 poultry. This includes day-old poultry and hatching eggs, eggs and other products or by-products of such captive domestic poultry, and things that have been exposed to such a bird.
Other captive birds (including birds that are raised in captivity for racing, exhibitions, zoological collections, competitions, or pets) if movements may result in contact with commercial or non-commercial poultry or their facilities. This includes eggs, other products or by-products of other captive birds, and things that have been exposed to such a bird.
WHEREAS, I, Dr. Siddika Mithani, President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, under the delegated authority of the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food (the Honorable Marie-Claude Bibeau), believe that the disease, highly pathogenic avian influenza, exists in the area in Canada described in the schedule attached hereto.
THEREFORE, I hereby declare, pursuant to subsection 27(1) of the Health of Animals ActFootnote 1, that the area described in the Schedule attached is a Primary Control Zone, effective the date below, in which I believe that highly pathogenic avian influenza exists.
Dated at Ottawa this day of September 21, 2022, at 5:30 pm.
Siddika Mithani, Ph.D.
President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
"Primary Control Zone for highly pathogenic avian influenza in the Province of Alberta – Declaration Schedule" described as:
The following area in the province of Alberta bounded by:
Geographical boundaries for: Primary Control Zone 95 (PCZ-95)
- Start at Township Road 634 and Range Road 231.
- East on Township Road 634 until Highway 827.
- South on Highway 827 until GPC coordinate 113.1816280°W 54.4199586°N.
- South-East over terrain from GPS coordinate 113.1816280°W 54.4199586°N until the junction of Township Road 630 and Range Road 212.
- East on Township Road 630 until Range Road 213.
- South on Range Road 213 until Township Road 624.
- West on Township Road 624 until Range Road 214.
- South on Range Road 214 until Highway 661.
- West on Highway 661 until Range Road 221.
- South on Range Road 221 until Township Road 614.
- West on Township Road 614 until Range Road 224.
- West over terrain from the junction of Township Road 614 and Range Road 224 until the junction of Township Road 614 and Range Road 225.
- North-West over terrain from the junction of Township Road 614 and Range Road 225 until the junction of Range Road 231 and Township Road 615.
- North on Range Road 231 until Highway 661.
- North-West on Highway 661 until Range Road 234.
- North on Range Road 234 until Township Road 623.
- North over terrain from the junction of Range Road 234 and Township Road 623 until
- Township Road 630 at GPS coordinate 113.3999564°W 54.4133423°N.
- East on Township Road 630 until Range Road 231.
- North on Range Road 231 until Township Road 634.
- Date modified: