Primary control zone (PCZ-92 – Manitoba)
WHEREAS, on September 20, 2022, primary control zone 92 was declared by the President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, under subsection 27(1) of the Health of Animals ActFootnote 1 for highly pathogenic avian influenza; and whereas I am authorized under section 33 of the Act to exercise the power of the Minister under subsection 27(2) of the Act.
THEREFORE, under subsection 27(2) of the Act, in respect of that primary control zone, I hereby, by order, designate the animals and things listed in the Schedule attached as being capable of being infected or contaminated by the highly pathogenic avian influenza.
Dated at Pierrefonds, Quebec this day of September 20, 2022, at 4:50 pm.
CommercialFootnote 2 or non-commercialFootnote 3 poultry. This includes day-old poultry and hatching eggs, eggs and other products or by-products of such captive domestic poultry, and things that have been exposed to such a bird.
Other captive birds (including birds that are raised in captivity for racing, exhibitions, zoological collections, competitions, or pets) if movements may result in contact with commercial or non-commercial poultry or their facilities. This includes eggs, other products or by-products of other captive birds, and things that have been exposed to such a bird.
WHEREAS, I, Dr. Siddika Mithani, President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, under the delegated authority of the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food (the Honorable Marie-Claude Bibeau), believe that the disease, highly pathogenic avian influenza, exists in the area in Canada described in the schedule attached hereto.
THEREFORE, I hereby declare, pursuant to subsection 27(1) of the Health of Animals ActFootnote 1, that the area described in the Schedule attached is a Primary Control Zone, effective the date below, in which I believe that highly pathogenic avian influenza exists.
Dated at Montreal this day of September 20, 2022, at 4:15 pm.
Siddika Mithani, Ph.D.
President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
"Primary Control Zone for highly pathogenic avian influenza in the Province of Manitoba – Declaration Schedule" described as:
The following area in the province of Manitoba bounded by:
Geographical boundaries for: Primary Control Zone 92 (PCZ-92)
- Start at the junction of Provincial Road 325 and Road 18E.
- East on Provincial Road 325 until Provincial Road 234.
- South-East over terrain from the junction of Provincial Road 325 and Provincial Road 234 until Grindstone Point Road at GPS coordinate 96.8957735°W 51.1401458°N.
- South on Grindstone Point Road until Provincial Trunk Highway 8.
- South-West over terrain from the junction of Grindstone Point Road and Provincial Trunk Highway 8 until the junction of Road 139N and Provincial Trunk Highway 8.
- West on Road 139N until Road 17E.
- North on Road 17E until 516 Road.
- West on 516 Road until GPS coordinate 97.0853014°W 51.0676378°N.
- North from GPS coordinate 97.0853014°W 51.0676378°N on 516 Road until Road 16E.
- North on Road 16E until Road 142N.
- West on Road 142N until Road 15E.
- North on Road 15E until Road 144N.
- West on Road 144N until Road 14E.
- North on Road 14E until Unnamed Road at GPS coordinate 97.1323050°W 51.1708396°N.
- East on Unnamed road from GPS coordinate 97.1323050°W 51.1708396°N until Road 18E.
- North on Road 18E until Provincial Road 325.
- Date modified: