Primary control zone (PCZ-104 – British Columbia)
WHEREAS, on September 30, 2022, primary control zone 104 was declared by the President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, under subsection 27(1) of the Health of Animals ActFootnote 1 for highly pathogenic avian influenza; and whereas I am authorized under section 33 of the Act to exercise the power of the Minister under subsection 27(2) of the Act.
THEREFORE, under subsection 27(2) of the Act, in respect of that primary control zone, I hereby, by order, designate the animals and things listed in the Schedule attached as being capable of being infected or contaminated by the highly pathogenic avian influenza.
Dated at Pierrefonds, Quebec this day of September 30, 2022, at 10:25 am.
CommercialFootnote 2 or non-commercialFootnote 3 poultry. This includes day-old poultry and hatching eggs, eggs and other products or by-products of such captive domestic poultry, and things that have been exposed to such a bird.
Other captive birds (including birds that are raised in captivity for racing, exhibitions, zoological collections, competitions, or pets) if movements may result in contact with commercial or non-commercial poultry or their facilities. This includes eggs, other products or by-products of other captive birds, and things that have been exposed to such a bird.
WHEREAS, I, Dr. Siddika Mithani, President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, under the delegated authority of the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food (the Honorable Marie-Claude Bibeau), believe that the disease, highly pathogenic avian influenza, exists in the area in Canada described in the schedule attached hereto.
THEREFORE, I hereby declare, pursuant to subsection 27(1) of the Health of Animals ActFootnote 1, that the area described in the Schedule attached is a Primary Control Zone, effective the date below, in which I believe that highly pathogenic avian influenza exists.
Dated at Toronto this day of September 30, 2022, at 9:00 am.
Siddika Mithani, Ph.D.
President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
"Primary Control Zone for highly pathogenic avian influenza in the Province of British Columbia – Declaration Schedule" described as:
The following area in the province of British Columbia bounded by:
Geographical boundaries for: Primary Control Zone 104 (PCZ-104)
- Start at GPS coordinate 123.841426W 48.702878N on Holt Road.
- Northwest from GPS coordinate 123.841426W 48.702878N on Holt Road across terrain to the junction of Riverbottom Road West and Stoltze Road.
- Northeast on Stoltze Road to Cowichan Lake Road.
- Northwest on Cowichan Lake Road to Highway 18 Connector.
- Continue Northwest on Highway 18 Connector to Cowichan Valley Highway 18 at GPS coordinate 123.909340W 48.798864N.
- Northeast from Cowichan Valley Highway 18 at GPS coordinate 123.909340W 48.798864N across terrain to GPS coordinate 123.722486W 48.848528N at the Western edge of Highway 1.
- Southeast following the western edge of Highway 1 until Bench Road at GPS coordinate 123.659851W 48.743038N.
- South from GPS coordinate 123.659851W 48.743038N across terrain to GPS coordinate 123.659755W 48.737080N on Phipps Road.
- West from GPS coordinate 123.659755W 48.737080N on Phipps Road to Bench Road.
- South on Bench Road to Koksilah Road.
- Southwest on Koksilah Road to Riverside Road.
- South on Riverside Road to Mines Road at GPS coordinate 123.673209W 48.716054N.
- Southwest from GPS coordinate 123.673209W 48.716054N across terrain to GPS coordinate 123.841426W 48.702878N on Holt Road.
- Date modified: